It seems that nearly everyone else on holiday has a guide to drive them around. This has some plus points -
- no problems with navigation
- no stress with driving
- having everything organised for you
- no worries about the vehicle
- getting to the right places at the right time
but there are some serious negatives
- going at someone else's pace
- worrying about someone else's driving
- having to make conversation with a complete stranger for 2-3 weeks
- what if you don't get a good guide?
On the whole we prefer to be totally independent, but everyone to their own.